The Echinacea plant is more than just a beautiful plant. It has anti-viral, anti-bacterial, and anti-inflammatory properties which help fight infection and reduce symptoms of cold and flu such as sore throat, runny nose, nasal congestion, and fever. There are many Echinacea products out there but my favourite is the one is Echinaforce by A.Vogel. Echinaforce can be taken at the first sign of a cold, or as an immune booster during cold and flu season.
Things to love about A.Vogel Echinaforce Junior:
- 90 chewable tablets
- Gluten free
- Lactose free
- Natural orange flavour
- Made from fresh harvested Echinacea Plants
- Can be given to children 2 and up
- Certified organic
- Proven to be effective
- Reduces the need for antibiotics and other prescription drugs
- Can be taken daily for up to 8 weeks during cold season
A.Vogel Echinaforce Junior can be purchased at the Real Canadian Superstore for $13.99. It is also available at the Whole Foods Market and Shoppers Drug Mart.
Although this product states that it can be safely taken daily for up to 8 weeks, I prefer to use it only at the onset of cold and flu-like symptoms just to minimize the amount of non-medical ingredients that go into my children’s bodies. Echinaforce is also available in liquid form. Although it contains fewer non-medical ingredients, it is more difficult to administer to young children due to taste.
Clinical studies have mixed reviews about the degree to which Echinacea products actually work. Personally I believe it is effective. This is what my dad gave me and my siblings to relieve our cold and flu symptoms and because it worked, I continue to use Echinacea as an adult. Of course if symptoms do not improve within a few days, or if fever appears, it is always best to consult your doctor.
- Always follow package instructions.
- There is a very low risk of allergic reaction with children 12 and under. Monitor for symptoms of wheezing, severe itching, or facial swelling after initial dose.
- Those with allergies to daises, ragweed, marigold, or chrysanthemums should avoid the product.
- Those with auto-immune disease, TB, lecosis, collagenosis, multiple sclerosis, liver disease, diabetes, should consult a doctor before using the product.
To learn more about Echinaforce Junior, other A.Vogel products, and the results of clinical studies conducted in regards to the effectiveness of Echinacea go to http://www.avogel.ca/en/herbal-remedies/echinaforce-junior.php.