Although this dinner takes some time to prepare, it is wonderfully delicious and nutritious. You can substitute any vegetables your family likes. I usually add what I have on hand. All the vegetables can be steamed, pureed, and added to the pasta sauce if your children prefer not to eat the vegetables.
- 4 pieces cornflake and parmesan crusted chicken
- Tomato sauce (homemade or store-bought)
- 200g angel hair pasta
- 1 zucchini
- 1 red pepper
- 1 orange pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 2 small onions
- 6 cloves garlic
- Mozzarella cheese
- basil leaves
- olive oil
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Slice the zucchini and cut the bell peppers. Quarter the onions.
3. Add the zucchini, bell peppers, onion, garlic and a teaspoon of olive oil into a ceramic baking dish. Sprinkle salt and pepper and coat evenly.
4. Place vegetables in the oven and roast until done. Stir occasionally.
5. Boil and drain the angel hair pasta and then add it to the ceramic dish with the vegetables. Allow the pasta to be coated in the vegetables juices and oil present in the dish.
6. Prepare the chicken according to the recipe until Step 9. Once seared add quarter cup of tomato sauce, chopped basil leaves, and a slice of mozzarella cheese on top of each piece of chicken. Bake until done.
7. Place the chicken on top of the pasta and let rest.
8. Garnish with fresh basil leaves and serve with additional sauce on the side.