These yogurt smoothie pops are a healthy and refreshing treat as warmer weather approaches. With no added colours, no artificial flavours, and no refined sugars, these are a great alternative to store-bought popsicles. These wholesome yogurt pops are also a great way to get your picky children to eat their fruits.
- 1 cup vanilla yogurt (I use IOGO 1.25 % MF)
- 1 cup of your favourite fresh or frozen fruits
- 2 Tbsp pure honey
- popsicle mold
1. In a blender, combine all the ingredients together until creamy.
2. Pour the mixture into the popsicle molds about three quarter full, place the tops, and freeze overnight or for at least three hours.
3. Once completely frozen, remove the popsicle and enjoy!
NOTE: Run the mold until hot water, to remove the popsicle from the mold.
Try these popular fruit combinations with equal parts of each fruit:
- blueberry & banana
- mango & strawberry
- strawberry & banana
- raspberry, blueberry, strawberry
- pineapple, mango, & banana
- peach & strawberry
- You can make layered yogurt pops, but layering two different coloured smoothies. Just remember to freeze for an hour between layers.
- If you like fruit chunks in your popsicle, avoid blending until creamy.
- You can add fresh coconut and even cocoa powder for some additional flavour. Freshly grated coconut works well with banana, mango and pineapple flavoured pops. Cherry flavoured pops taste delicious with a pinch of cocoa powder.