Recently my son and I have been making breakfast smoothies and popsicles for the afternoon. These double-layered popsicles are a fun, refreshing, and healthy a treat for those warm days. My children love that they get two flavours in one popsicle and I love that I get in some extra fruits. You can add any fruit of your choice. Look here for more ideas!
Ingredients for Strawberry Layer:
- 1/2 ripe banana
- 3 medium size strawberries
- 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt (I use IOGO 1.25 MF)
- 1 Tbsp honey
Ingredients for Mango Layer:
- 1 mango, cubed
- half cup vanilla yogurt
- 1 Tbsp. honey
1. Combine all the ingredients for the strawberry layer in a blender, and blend until creamy.
2. Spoon the strawberry mixture into your popsicle mold, until the halfway mark. Do not put on the tops.
3. Place the popsicle mold in the freezer for twenty minutes.
4. In the meantime, combine all the ingredients for the mango layer, and blend until creamy.
5. Once the twenty mintues are up, fill the rest of each popsicle mold with the mango mixture. Remember not to fill all the way to the top because the mixture will expand slightly when frozen.
6. Place the tops on the molds.
7. Freeze overnight or for at least three hours.
8. Once frozen, run the molds until hot water for a few seconds, to remove the popsicles from the mold.
9. Serve immediately and enjoy!
- Use ripe fruits for the best flavour.
- Honey is optional. We add it because we like the added sweetness plus the health benefits of honey.
- Remember honey should not be given to children under the age of 12 months.
- Popsicle molds are available at The Real Canadian Superstore, Wal-Mart, Ikea, and Toys’R US. Look for popsicles molds that are BPA-free.
- If you don’t have a popsicle mold, Dixie cups and popsicle sticks work too!