This muffin is just the kind of muffin you should eat for breakfast. It is not overly-sweet and will keep you full for hours. This recipe can be adapted to suit your taste. I usually add blueberries but other berries, apples, and bananas work well too. This time I used strawberries and blueberries as per my son’s request.
Makes: 12 standard size muffins
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1 cup flour (whole-wheat or all purpose, I use half and half)
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (honey can be used as well)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce (I use apple sauce in place of vegetable oil)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- half cup blueberries (apples, raisins, pecans, etc.)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Farhenheit.
2. In a bowl, mix together the flour, salt, baking powder and cinnamon.
3. In another bowl, mix the oats and milk and let it stand for ten minutes.
4. In a third bowl, mix together the egg, sugar, apple sauce or oil, and vanilla extract, with a wooden spoon.
5. Add the oat mixture to the egg-sugar mixture and blend with wooden spoon.
6. Slowly add the flour mixture and mix until well-incorporated. DO NOT overmix. Overmixing will result in tough muffins.
7. Fill muffin tins about 2/3 full.
8. Bake for about 25min, or until done.
- I use Love Grown Super Oats which has chia seeds, flaxseeds, quinoa flakes, pumpkin seeds, almonds, walnuts, and amaranth flakes. I highly recommend this product which can be found at the Real Canadian Superstore.
- 1 mashed banana can be used as a egg subsitute.
- If using applesauce instead of oil, keep in mind that the muffins may stick to the paper liner. I usually add 1 Tbsp oil with the apple sauce.
If you love oats, you will love this healthy oatmeal cookie recipe!
[…] My son loves muffins! He will eat them for breakfast, snack and as a part of lunch. Because of him, I am always making muffins at home. Instead of baking a fresh batch of muffins in the morning or late at night, try making a bigger batch of muffins and freezing half. Once, defrosted and heated, the muffins regain their soft and crumbly texture. Try out these healthy oatmeal and berry breakfast muffins! […]
PAR PITIE , EPARGNEZ NOUS DE VOTRE VISITE , ON SOUFFRE DEJA ASSEZ COMME CA , PERSONNE N A ENVIE DE VOUS VOIR AU JAPON SARKO , ON VOUS DETESTE .OCCUPEZ VOUS PLUTOT DE VOTRE CHER AMI KADHAFI
My family members always say that I am killing my time here at web,
but I know I am getting familiarity everyday by reading such fastidious
Comments are closed.