Although chicken breasts are the healthiest part to eat, they can be quite bland unless correctly seasoned. These kebabs are made from chicken breast but they are anything but bland! They are juicy and flavourful thanks to the marinade made with Greek flavours. Served with rice, roasted potatoes, or on top of a garden salad, these kabobs make a great addition to lunch or dinner.
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- 1/3 cup yogurt (Balkan-style works well)
- 1/4 cup Feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 tsp black pepper
- salt to taste
- 1 large bell pepper, cut large enough to thread onto skewers
- I onion, cut
- Mix yogurt, feta cheese, lemon juice, oregano, rosemary, and black pepper to make the marinade.
- Coat the chicken pieces in the marinade and refrigerate for at least three hours, preferably overnight.
- Wipe off excess marinade with your hands and then thread the chicken pieces, bell peppers, and onions onto skewers.
- Bake the chicken on a baking sheet greased with olive oil, until done (about 20-25 minutes).
- Discard any leftover marinade.
- Kebabs can be grilled as well.
- The skewers that I used are stainless steel and was purchased from Canadian Tire for $4.99 for a pack of 4.
Hope you like this recipe as much as my family does!