Today is my Akshaya’s first day of Tap class at the Toronto Dance Industry, so I thought what better day than today to write a review on this amazing dance school. Akshaya has been with the Toronto Dance Industry for more than an year now and I couldn’t be happier with my choice to enroll her at this studio. The Toronto Dance Industry, a family-run business, offers a wide variety of classes; Ballet, Tap, Jazz, Hip Hop, Contemporary, Musical theatre, Acro, Zumba Fitness and more. Classes are available for girls, boys, teens, and adults; those with previous dance experience and those with no experience at all. There is even a special introductory class for children as young as two and a half, aimed at teaching balance, rhythm, and coordination. Whether you choose to dance recreationally or competitively, I highly recommend the Toronto Dance Industry.
My favourite part about this dance school, is the friendly staff and the family-friendly and multi-cultural environment. It is so easy to fit right in and make friends. Akshaya has had four different instructors plus some substitute instructors, and they have all exceeded my expectations. They are kind, encouraging, and patient with every student. My daughter experienced a lot of anxiety when she first started dancing at three years old, but her instructor was so understanding and got my daughter to fully participate after just a few classes. As I watched from the viewing window, I knew that this was the perfect school for my daughter. Fast-forward to over a year later and my daughter looks forward to her classes and truly has a wonderful time at each lesson. She has enjoyed practicing her routine with the other girls in the class and performing on stage at her first recital last month. My daughter loved it so much that she still can’t stop talking about it!
Here are some of the other perks of registering at The Toronto Dance Industry:
- Six large dance studios
- Limited class sizes
- Talented instructors with impressive dance backgrounds
- Friendly and helpful staff
- Multiple and separate change rooms for boys and girls
- Locker rooms available for rent if needed
- Designated lunch room for eating and drinking
- Free Wi-Fi for parents’ convenience
- Work-out room available for parents
- Spacious lounge with abundant seating and the opportunity to view each ongoing class on monitors
- Large viewing window at each studio (helps the little ones with separation anxiety when they can see you and you can see them)
- Only family policy to ensure safety of all students
- Videotaping and photographing prohibited during dance session to ensure privacy of all students
- All outdoor shoes must be removed before entering to help keep the school clean
- Lots of parking spaces
- Two separate entrances, the back entrance equipped with a buzz in system for additional security
- Occasional bake sales and spirit days such as dressing up during Halloween week and Pyjama Day
- Individual and class picture day
- Annual recitals
- Fees paid every semester (9 weeks) rather than all at once
- Multiple classes discount and discount for siblings
- Summer classes available
I am excited for Akshaya because not only is she enjoying learning the art of dance but she has overcome shyness and is gaining a lot of confidence while doing something she loves. All the positivity at the Toronto Dance Industry has allowed my daughter to grow in so many ways.
If you live in Toronto and are thinking about registering your child for dance lessons, this is definitely the place to go!
UPDATE (August 2017): Akshaya has completed three full years at TDI and has tried Ballet, Tap, Acro, Jazz, and Hip-Hop. As per Udayan’s request, I enrolled him in Hip-Hop lessons and he had a wonderful time learning some cool dance moves.
If you have a child that experiences anxiety, please read Anxiety in Children & How Parents Can Help.