Lately I have been enjoying listening in on my four year daughter and three year old son play together. They have some very interesting conversations as they play pretend or sit down for dinner. I thought it would be a great idea to start interviewing my children with simple questions and writing down the responses. I hope that by reading this when they are older, it will give them an idea of what kind of kid they were at each age. It is a lot of fun actually, and you may even learn a thing or two about your child!
Here is my interview with my daughter:
1. How old are you?
2. Do you know what your name means?
When you eat healthy food you get energy and become so so strong.
3. What is the best thing about being a kid?
You get to play whenever you want.
4. What do you think is the best thing about being a parent?
Cleaning the dishes! It’s so much fun because you get to play with water and bubbles.
Does that mean you will help me with the dishes when you get older?
I always help you. I will help you right now!
5. Do you like going to school?
Yes. I like going to school and playing tag with my friends, but I like staying home with you more and making cupcakes with sprinkles!
You know I don’t make cupcakes everyday, right?
Yeah, I know. Sometimes you make popsicles.
6. What are some of your favourite things to do?
I like playing with my brother and sharing my toys.
Yes. I always share my toys but he doesn’t. I like doing puzzles too and going outside with you to ballet class and buying ice-cream and hugging you at night when I sleep. I like sleepovers at Ammama’s (grandma’s) house.
7. What is your favourite food?
I like chicken fingers and fries.
8. What is your favourite movie?
Frozen and Candy Crush.
Do you mean Wreck it Ralph?
9. What is your favourite song?
Let It Go. I love that song!
10. What makes you special?
I am helpful. I help you clean up and I help my friends tie their scarf in winter.
You know how to tie a scarf?
Yeah kind of, remember you showed me?
11. Do you like having a brother?
Yes of course! Because I can play with him.
12. What do you like about Amma (mom)?
You cook yummy food for me.
13. What do you like about Appa (dad)?
He plays with me.
14. Who do you love the most in this world?
15. What do you think is the best job in the world?
A firefighter because they put out fires and save people. Sometimes BBQ machines can cause fires so you have to be careful.
16. Alright thank you, we are done. Do you have any questions for me?
Yes. Are moms the boss of the family? And are daddies the helpers?
Her question made me laugh!
Since my daughter is just four, I asked very basic questions that she could answer as well as elaborate on if she chose to do so. As she grows I hope to ask different and also more complicated questions that require more thought, to understand her perspective on life.