My kids absolutely love strawberry sauce and they will eat it with anything. We use it as a topping on ice-cream, waffles, pancakes, cheesecakes, and even Greek yogurt. A few days ago, I purchased a few pounds of fresh organic strawberries with the hope of making a large batch of strawberry sauce and strawberry jam before school starts. I let the strawberries ripen for a few days, to bring out their natural sweetness and to avoid using too much sugar in the sauce. The homemade version of this delicious sauce is super easy; it only requires four ingredients and just 30 minutes.
Strawberry Sauce RECIPE
- 1 lbs. strawberry, quartered
- 4 Tbsp. sugar or 2 Tbsp. agave nectar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- Place all ingredients in a pot.
- Cook on medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until sauce thickens (about 30 minutes).
- Let the sauce cool, and puree in a food processor if desired.
- Use ripe, sweet strawberries for the best tasting sauce.
- Store in the refrigerator until ready to use, or freeze for later use.
- I like to store the strawberry sauce in ice-cubes trays. This way I can pop out a cube and use it in individual servings such as the yogurt parfait pictured below.