Just as most, my kids absolutely LOVE homemade potato fries and wedges. I actually tend to make wedges more than fries just because it requires less cutting time. Potato wedges are perfect with any meal and literally go with anything!
If you’d like a change from your usual potato wedges, this recipe is definitely for you – The addition of warm spices, garlic, and chopped cilantro really adds a special touch.
Spiced Potato Wedge RECIPE
- 8 Russet potatoes
- 1/4 cup EVOO
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- handful of cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Wash the potatoes under running water, making sure to scrub the skin well. Dry each potato well as water will prevent the potatoes from crisping up in the oven. Cut the potato into half and then cut each half into halves. Now cut each of the four pieces into halves so that you have a total of eight wedges. Repeat the same procedure with the other seven potatoes.
- In a large bowl toss together the olive oil, minced garlic, paprika, cumin, turmeric, salt, and pepper. Toss in the potatoes and combine to ensure that the oil mixture full coats the potato wedges.
- Line each wedge on a cookie sheet in a single layer, leaving space between each wedge. This will help the heat flow all around, ensuring crispy wedges. You will need two pans to fit all the wedges.
- Bake for about half an hour, flipping midway.
- Once the wedges are ready, sprinkle the chopped cilantro on top. Serve warm!
If you give this recipe a try, please leave me a comment below!
- To ensure crispy wedges, make sure the potatoes are dry and that they are placed in a preheated oven.
- Cut potatoes evenly, to ensure that they all cook evenly.