These honey-glazed baby carrots always make an appearance during Fall and today was the perfect day to make them for the first time this season. Rich, and buttery, they make a great vegetarian side dish to compliment your Thanksgiving meal. Although this recipe is a really simple one, the addition of quality ingredients like real butter, organic carrots, and raw honey, really amplify the taste of this side dish.
Honey-Glazed Baby Carrots RECIPE
- 1 lb. baby carrots
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. salted real butter
- 1/4 cup to 1/3 cup low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 Tbsp. chopped herbs (dill, parsley, or oregano)
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- In a medium-sized pot, heat the butter on medium-high. Add the honey, brown sugar, broth, and carrots and give the contents of the pot a thorough mix.
- Cover the pot and cook for approximately 20 minutes or until the carrots are tender (can be pierced easily with a fork). Make sure to stir once or twice in between to prevent burning the bottom of the pot.
- Once the carrots are cooked, and the liquid has reduced to a glaze, check seasoning and add salt and pepper as needed.
- Toss in herbs of your choice.
- Serve warm with a main of your choosing.
- These carrots pair beautifully with my Simple Whole Roast Chicken.