This recipe really amplifies the taste of usually ordinary green beans. Tossed in freshly minced garlic, shallots, butter, and toasted pine nuts, these green beans will look elegant sitting on your Thanksgiving table. This recipe serves four but feel free to double or triple as required.
Green Beans RECIPE
- approximately 30 green beans, washed
- 1 Tbsp. salted butter
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 1-2 Tbsp. toasted pine nuts
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Blanch your beans in a steamer for about five minutes. The beans should be bright green, tender, and crisp.
- In a small skillet, melt the butter on medium-high heat. Add the garlic and shallots, and fry until shallots until translucent.
- Add the green beans and toss. Add black pepper and salt to taste. Stir for two, three minutes to combine.
- Top with toasted pine nuts before serving.
- To toast pinenuts, simply toss them on a pan on medium-low heat until the nuts turn a shade deeper and give off a toasty smell.