This is an easy and nutritious chicken dinner that doesn’t fail to please the two little picky eaters in my home.
- Two chicken breasts cleaned and halved
- ½ cup fresh parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup cornflake crumbs
- 1 tsp poultry seasoning
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Put parmesan cheese, cornflake crumbs, oregano, poultry seasoning, salt, and pepper in a food processor and blend. Pour in a glass dish and set aside.
- Mix the water and flour in another glass dish and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Coat the grill pan with olive oil and preheat the pan on the stove at medium heat.
- Clean the chicken breasts in cold water and cut in half lengthwise.
- Place a half piece of the chicken breast in the flour mixture and coat both sides. Wipe off any excess.
- Immediately place the chicken breast in the cornflake crumb mixture and coat evenly on both sides.
- Repeat steps 6 and 7 until all pieces of chicken are coated.
- Place the chicken on the pre-heated grill pan. Cook for 3 min on each side or until the sides are golden in colour.
- Put the chicken breasts in the oven to finish cooking.
- Let rest before serving.
- For additional flavour, chilli flakes and garlic flakes can be added into the cornflake crumb mixture.
- Breadcrumbs can be used in place of cornflake crumbs.
- Mayonnaise or a mixture of one egg and a third a cup of milk can be used instead of the flour mixture.
- Using too much flour mixture can result in a soggy crust.
- This dish can be served with mashed potatoes and steamed vegetables or pasta with tomato sauce.
Give it a try and let me know what you think!