Today, I am quickly sharing my rose pasta sauce recipe. This sauce is rich and decadent and essentially a mix of tomato and Alfredo sauces. Although I usually would not pair tomatoes with dairy, we make an exception for this sauce (along with pizza).
Rose Pasta Sauce RECIPE
- 700ml jar of your favourite tomato pasta sauce
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 1.5 cups heavy cream
- 1.5 Tbsp. dried oregano
- 2 tsp. brown sugar
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- 2 Tbsp. fresh basil chopped
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- Optional: 1/4 cup shredded cheese
1. In a medium-sized pot, on medium heat, melt the butter. Add the garlic, chilli flakes, and oregano, and give the contents of the pot a quick stir. Take care not to burn the garlic.
2. Carefully pour in your tomato sauce of choice and brown sugar and stir. Once it starts bubbling, slowly pour in the cream. Bring the sauce to a boil.
3. Season with salt and black pepper. Turn off the heat and stir in the fresh basil. If using shredded cheese, add this and stir until it melts into the sauce.
4. Serve warm with pasta of choice.
- I always use PC Organics, roasted garlic tomato sauce for this recipe, especially if I do not have homemade tomato sauce in my freezer.
- For a more spicy sauce, add 1 tsp of Cajun seasoning.
- If you are a pasta lover, you might be interested in my pesto recipe, Cajun white sauce recipe, and my tomato sauce recipe.
- This sauce pairs great with veggies such as mushroom, red pepper, and zucchini as well as meat/seafood of your choice.